
After spending the whole of yesterday in my pyjamas, today felt a whole lot less comfortable, quite a bit more stressful and ultimately much colder.
Our morning briefing started with the warning, not of snow (which is what we all secretly wished for), but the impending arrival of OFSTED; the bug eyed demons of the teaching world.
OFSTED apparently stands for “Office for Standards in Education”, (although this isn’t actually mentioned on their website). In my mind this would be OSE or OfSiE, but for some reason they chose OFSTED – I think it’s all down to onomatopoeia. There would be no reason to duplicate paperwork, label class displays and run up a huge reprographics bill for a band of guys calling them selves “Ofsie”. And “OSE’s here!” could too easily be mistaken for a question. OFSTED as a heading on a times-new typed form though, now that is enough to send a shiver down anyone’s spine!
On the plus side, they have not actually said they are coming yet, so mass pedagogical hysteria is still a while away yet.
In other news, my egg has started hatching. Before you all start thinking that my duck obsession has gone a step to far it is not actually “my” egg, but one I was given for Christmas. It’s currently sitting on my desk in a widgetted Guinness pint glass, occasionally it looks like it is moving, but I think it is just the bubbles…
Our morning briefing started with the warning, not of snow (which is what we all secretly wished for), but the impending arrival of OFSTED; the bug eyed demons of the teaching world.
OFSTED apparently stands for “Office for Standards in Education”, (although this isn’t actually mentioned on their website). In my mind this would be OSE or OfSiE, but for some reason they chose OFSTED – I think it’s all down to onomatopoeia. There would be no reason to duplicate paperwork, label class displays and run up a huge reprographics bill for a band of guys calling them selves “Ofsie”. And “OSE’s here!” could too easily be mistaken for a question. OFSTED as a heading on a times-new typed form though, now that is enough to send a shiver down anyone’s spine!
On the plus side, they have not actually said they are coming yet, so mass pedagogical hysteria is still a while away yet.
In other news, my egg has started hatching. Before you all start thinking that my duck obsession has gone a step to far it is not actually “my” egg, but one I was given for Christmas. It’s currently sitting on my desk in a widgetted Guinness pint glass, occasionally it looks like it is moving, but I think it is just the bubbles…
--- Stollen from http://clipurl.com/?GJT190 ---
Growing Hatching Duck Egg Toy
Growing Hatching Duck Egg Toy
These are the latest craze
Duck Egg Growing Hatching Pet
Watch as your egg hatches and your pet grows
You get one egg
Place the egg in a container and fill with water
The egg shell will break after 12-24 hours
Slowly then the pet will hatch out of the egg
After the egg shell has broken completely add fresh water and the pet will grow after 48 hours
You can then move the pet to a new container to continue growing
… See I’ve not lost it yet.
The picture for today is of Charlie, the younger of our two cats. He was in a scrap over New Year, most likely with his older “sister”. He’s ended up with a scratch above his right eye, a bolding patch on his nut and a large scar on his back left leg. Although his capability to get up and downstairs has been slightly hindered (he has started waiting for us to carry him), he hasn’t yet lost the ability to scarper when Truffle comes in sight.
Finally – Yes I AM going to continue this god damn blog on for at least a year, probably more sporadically than habitually, but I am determined that I will do it… hey, it’s even got to the point that I am giving out the web address for it!
… See I’ve not lost it yet.
The picture for today is of Charlie, the younger of our two cats. He was in a scrap over New Year, most likely with his older “sister”. He’s ended up with a scratch above his right eye, a bolding patch on his nut and a large scar on his back left leg. Although his capability to get up and downstairs has been slightly hindered (he has started waiting for us to carry him), he hasn’t yet lost the ability to scarper when Truffle comes in sight.
Finally – Yes I AM going to continue this god damn blog on for at least a year, probably more sporadically than habitually, but I am determined that I will do it… hey, it’s even got to the point that I am giving out the web address for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment